Thanksgiving Trick - A Joke

One year at Thanksgiving, my mom went to my sister's house for the traditional feast. Knowing how gullible my sister is, my mom decided to play a trick. She told my sister that she needed something from the store.

When my sister left, my mom took the turkey out of the oven, removed the stuffing, stuffed a Cornish hen, and inserted it into the turkey, and re-stuffed the turkey. She then placed the bird(s) back in the oven.

When it was time for dinner, my sister pulled the turkey out of the oven and proceeded to remove the stuffing. When her serving spoon hit something, she reached in and pulled out the little bird.

With a look of total shock on her face, my mother exclaimed, "Lori, you've cooked a pregnant bird!" At the reality of this horrifying news, my sister started to cry.

It took the family two hours to convince her that turkeys lay eggs!

By Laurie from Nevada

By Sean Carter (Guest Post)

That's really funny!!!! An that's the true spirit of Thanksgiving......fun with the entire family. Well to find more such fun ideas on Thanksgiving visit this Thanksgiving Blog at http://thanksgi … ll.blogspot.com. Enjoy!!!

LAST THANSKGIVING WE DID SOETHING SIMILAR TO OUR YOUNGEST DAUGHTER. WE DECIDED TO TAKE A WHOLE CHICKEN AND BAKE IT AND TOLD HER THIS WAS A SMALL TURKEY,IT WAS ALL WE COULD AFFORD THIS YEAR.SHE SEEMED TO ENJOY IT UNTIL WE TOLD HER WHAT IT WAS(SHE DOESN'T CARE MUCH FOR CHICKEN)SHE WASN'T VERY AMUSED WITH US.

WE STILL CHUCKLE ABOUT IT

Thank you for both good laughs.

By Barbara (Guest Post)

Just curious, is your name short for something? You said your mother called your sister Lori, but you signed your post Laurie?

By (Guest Post)

No relation to the joke! This is how it was sent to me in my email.. I should have changed the name from 'Lori' to 'Tammy' (my real life sister) though :)