AdviceCrafts

Trying to Locate Craft Supplies

I am looking for the solid color loops that you make potholders out of on a loom. My grandmother made a bedspread of beige squares (loops) that had a soft feel to them. Not real ragged on the ends. This was many years ago and I wonder if there is somewhere that still sells the single color loops. Also, where can you find macramae cord to buy? I can't find that in my town either. And does anyone know where I can get the net you use to stictch pictures onto.

Thanks for any help,
Donna K

Hi Donna! Here's a site that sells the loom and cotton loops in assorted and single colors (scroll about a third of the way down the page). Hope it helps: http://harrisvi  dlyloompdts.html

Thanks to Luvyabye for info about loom and cotton loops. Have looked for it for a long time.

Oh, how I fondly remember making those colorful potholders from that type of loom! I made many of those as a kid and I probably still have a couple left in my hope chest.

I hope to show my granddaughter how to make those when she is a little older.

You're so welcome, Donna. I love the idea of making a bedspread out of the squares. I'll have to consider that as a project...so thank you for a great idea!!!

Donna-
I was just in a Walmart supercenter today and saw bags of them in the craft section. I saw multi-color but you might want to try there! Hope that helps! :)

By bananas (Guest Post)

Its funny you said something about making a bed spread, cause right now im working on a potholder blanket it is hard but will be worth it

By Kay (Guest Post)

Our craft store here in Weston mills, NY closed. I don't know where I can buy macramae cord or beads, rings, etc anymore. Please help. Is there anyone out there that knows where or what site to go to?

Thank you, Kay