BankingBudget & Finance

Direct Deposit of Paychecks

My husband and I have started having his paycheck directly deposited into our bank account. There are many reasons for this, but one of the most important is that if the check is direct deposited, we are less subject to forgery and identity theft.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Editor's Note: This is also a good thing to do with Social Security checks.

By Becki in Indiana (Guest Post)

Where we bank, there is a minimum balance requirement on checking accounts in order to avoid a fee. We don't have extra money to leave sitting in the account! We signed up for direct deposit of my husband's paycheck when we found out that direct deposit makes us EXEMPT from the fees!

An additional bonus -- my husband gets paid on Thursdays. All of his co-workers spend their entire 1/2 hour lunch break rushing to the bank to cash their checks -- so he has the employee lunchroom to himself! He doesn't burn gas making a bank run, either. And for some reason, his paycheck is almost always deposited to our account on WEDNESDAY, a day earlier than everybody else.

SWEEEEEET!!!

Also, out of danger of pick pocketers. My hubby got pick pocketed once on payday. We were to go away that weekend. Killed that idea.