ING Direct Reviews

Category Banking
ING Direct is a leading on-line back offering checking and savings accounts. This is a guide about ING Direct reviews.

I have had a 403B account with ING for the past 8 years. I completed the paperwork on March 1st and faxed it to the company for release of my funds. On the 9th, I called and found that the paperwork had been left on the fax and never processed. I was then told that, after review, I needed another form. I completed it and faxed it back within hours. Well, it's the 18th and still no money.

I have, in the meantime, liquidated and received funds from my AG Edwards account. If I ever receive my ING funds, I will never open another account with them. Does anyone know who I can contact for assistance? The "supervisors" I've talked to were less than helpful.

By Cecilia from Shreveport, LA

Answers

Get a lawyer, fast, good luck.

Unfortunately, this kind of stuff happens all the time, in fact I saw a show on TV recently about how Insurance companies will leave your paperwork sit on their desk for weeks (as a stalling tactic) instead of outright denying your claim. In the meantime you could be dying from lack of approved care. From what I've heard, this is all too common!

Also, I heard Art Bell (the radio host) talk about a similar thing that happened when he tried to get his new Philippine wife into the USA for a visit & he ran across the very same thing. "You need another form" then "You sent in the wrong form". Then, "Now it's too late, your request is denied". His saving grade, was that he made photocopies & sent everything via registered mail. I believe that registered-mail (that someone has to sign for) though old-fashioned is the only way to go! Good thing he was a celebrity, or he would have gotten the run-around for another 2 years (at least!) I wish I could help you more!

Get a lawyer with that lives in that city & give them Power of Attorney to sign for you, & have them march down to the headquarters & hopefully get your money before it is all gone. Hopefully the Lawyer won't cost you more that it's worth!

---> Otherwise, send all your paperwork via Overnight Registered Mail to one person directly & have that person sign for it. This way you will have proof of what you sent. Trust no one!

For future reference (for you, or anyone else reading this), we've been with WT Direct for three years, and their service is fantastic.

I do agree with the posts above...you may end up needing a lawyer. You have the right to get your own money. We had a similar problem with Chase, and had to keep going to their offices and complaining until someone finally closed our money market account and gave us our money.

I have an account with ING Direct and haven't had any trouble with them but this is a savings account. But - beware of Washington Mutual who tried to foreclose on my mother's property. Also now I am trying to get a loan modification from Chase and they are dragging their feet bigtime. This is just for your information so you can beware.

Thank you for this info. about ING. I have always liked them, but this is disturbing. They are Dutch owned.

Does anyone know anything about ING saving account? I found it online, but I'm more than a little skeptical about it. Anyone have any ideas or tips?

Thanks,
Brenda from Rutledge, Tenn.

Thanks,
Brenda from Rutledge, TN

Answers:

ING Direct Savings Account Reviews

I've had an ING account for the past few years and love it. It is very easy to transfer money to my regular checking account; and the fact that it pays more interest than any local bank is wonderful. I closed my Fidelity account because the interest rate had gotten so low.

(01/13/2007)

By Laine

ING Direct Savings Account Reviews

I've had 3 accounts with ING for several years. I think they're great! I have never had a problem with deposits or transfers, and I really like their higher interest rates. As mentioned in a prior post, transfers do take about 2 days to complete, so some planning ahead is required. (01/15/2007)

By tparsley

ING Direct Savings Account Reviews

I am a dissatisfied former customer of ING Direct. I found their customer service to be very poor. I never did receive a 1099 from them last year. Their interest rates are no longer competitive. HSBC online is now paying 6%. I use them and I am completely satisfied. (01/29/2007)

By Robert

ING Direct Savings Account Reviews

ING Direct is AWFUL! Their customer service reps are nasty. The company will cut your account off at the drop of a dime. Read the blogs about the horrible things this company has done to some of its customers. You can get a half a percent higher from HSBC or Emigrant Direct. Buyer beware with ING Direct. Your account may be the next one cut-off just when you need the cash. (06/26/2007)

By Huntington

ING Direct Savings Account Reviews

I've had an account with ING now for about a year and have had zero problems with them. I have transferred a ton of money out and into the account without incident and the auto withdrawal thing they have set up is great! Seriously, I am skeptical of everything online, and I am having a great time with ING. Even if their APY went down to 3.6% now, I'm still not leaving. I've heard too much negative about everyone else. Why leave a good thing?
I think all the people here complaining are employees or owners of the other banks, getting paid to make the good bank look bad so they can get your money. I can't imagine having a hard time with ING unless it's your own doing! (02/04/2008)

By K A K

ING Direct Savings Account Reviews

I have had my mortgage with them for a couple of years and in the past have had a savings with them. No problems and when needed got good customer service. (10/08/2008)

By Skye

Awful, awful service

They wouldn't let me add my wife to my savings account simply because she closed an account with them in the past. We planned on having ~ 25k in the account and they couldn't care less that they were going to lose the accounts. Very, very frustrating. (11/01/2008)

By Matt

ING Savings and Checking

Terrible service. After 5 years of being with ING I closed both my accounts after they started to charge a 2 percent withdrawal fee for international ATM withdrawals (after it had been free for the first 5 years). Also horrible customer service and yes, they require an overdraft (which I didn't want) which does allow them to pull unlimited credit reports.

Stay away from ING. They are one of the worst banks I've dealt with. (01/02/2009)

By June

ING Direct Savings Account Reviews

I have been with ING Direct for about 4 years, and I have been very satisfied with their services. I have a savings account and have had a few CDs. I have never had to talk to a representative over the phone because everything can be done right on the website and it is very simple and self explanatory. I have good credit and know how to use a computer, so perhaps if you have neither, you should try your local bank. (05/12/2009)

By john2324

ING Direct Savings Account Reviews

Do not get an ING Direct mortgage it is classed a Predatory Home Loan in Massachusetts, due to their 3% prepayment penalty! ING Direct may be a Predatory Lender in your state too. I held my loan for 3 years and did not miss a payment, upon selling my house ING took 60% of the profits as a fee without any warning, which is illegal under MA state law. I'm trying to recover the thousands ING decided to keep for themselves and I'll let you know what progress I make. (05/12/2010)

By artfuldodgertser

ING Direct Savings Account Reviews

I worked for "ING Direct USA" for close to 7 years. ING Direct is a subsidiary of ING which stands for International Netherlands Group. ING Direct USA has close to 8 million customers now. They are the fastest growing bank in the US. ING the parent company is in about 54 different countries. "ING Americas" which is another subsidiary of ING is an insurance provider and also offers retirement plans for business's to give their employees.

But to get back to ING Direct USA I would have to say it is probably the safest and easiest bank to use. ING Direct USA offers what they call Direct Banking which means you can bank online or over the phone. ING Direct doesn't have any branches scattered across the country and they don't try to sell you tons of products like other banks. Since ING Direct operates only on the phone and internet they have a very low cost business model which in turn means that they have very low over head. This allows them to give you very high interest rates with no fees compared to other banks.

Right now 12/22/2010 you can earn 1.10 percent on your money in their Orange Savings Account without a balance requirement. There are absolutely no fees at all. The way it works is you as a customer establishes a link to ING Direct from your external checking account at your current bank. Your first deposit is made on the Orange Savings Account application. You will be required to enter your checking account info and an amount to open the account.

Once you hit submit your money will be transferred in 2 business days. In the future when you want to transfer more money to ING Direct or withdraw money you can just simply transfer it back to your external checking account on the phone or over the internet. There are other great products that ING Direct offers as a Federal Savings Bank. You can use their Electric Orange Checking Account which is just like the Orange Savings Account, but it also allows you to use its bill payment features or ATM free of charge at its 35,000 locations through the AllPoint network. You can also take advantage of its very low cost mortgage. I don't work for them anymore, but whenever I see feedback that doesn't depict the bank well I always stand up for them. (12/22/2010)

By Shammy

I have seen reviews about Emigrant on this website. Does anyone have any feedback about their experiences with Ing Direct and their savings account?

Thanks,
Jim from ND

Answers:

ING Direct Reviews

I've had 2 savings accounts with ING Direct since February - one for me and one for my granddaughter. I think it's great. The interest is higher than I can get at a bank. I check my account online pretty frequently - it's always up to date. On a few occasions, I have requested a transfer - either to or from my checking account. The transfer always goes thru in about 3 days with no problems at all. (10/31/2005)

By Southern Saver

ING Direct Reviews

I use both Emigrant Direct and ING. Emigrant Direct is a bit more cumbersome, doesn't do the direct transfer thing like ING does, so you are more likely to let your money sit there (might be a very good thing).

ING is great for putting money you might have to pull back out in a hurry, like your "rainy day" money. Pays more than local banks but is easy to get to (does take a couple of days, but you can order the transfer online at any time.) (10/31/2005)

By Jeneene

ING Direct Reviews

I'm so sorry... I went back to Emigrant Direct and now find you can transfer money in and out just like ING.

So they are both equally good and easy to use, just go for the one with the best rate. (10/31/2005)

By Jeneene

ING Direct Reviews

I love ING Direct. It's got the best savings program that I've found. Right now I earn 4.4% interest on my savings without having to lock up my money in a CD! It's easy to use, VERY secure and extremely convenient! Customer Service is just a toll free call away and they have always been friendly and ready to help me resolve any issues I was encountering - which has rarely been the case! You can "link" your regular banks account to your ING account, so transfering money to ING is just a few clicks away. It's soo easy! I can't say enough good things about this banking system.

Referrals earn $25 just for opening a new account and $10 for referring friends! If you'd like a referral to open your account and earn an instant $25. (10/19/2006)

By Jill