Add Vinegar To Pet's Water

To get rid of fleas, use apple cider vinegar! Add a bit to your pet's drinking water and it really helps! I have 3 small dogs that are prone to fleas and we no longer have that problem.

By kathy from Plymouth, CT

Top Comment

Be sure to only use ORGANIC APPLE CIDER VINEGAR (Braggs is excellent). White vinegar should only be used for CLEANING!!!

I tried that and they turned there nose's up at it. How much should I put in there bowl. It holds about 6 cups of water.

I am also wondering how much vinegar to use in their bowls. I never heard of this idea before. I would think the dogs would turn up their noses if the vinegar solution is too strong. I had good luck with giving our dogs & cats brewer's yeast tablets, or powdered brewer's yeast mixed into wet food.

I've told this before - one of my cats loved the tablet so much she would pick it out of her bowl & eat it first. The brewers yeast seems to work over time, as it makes the pets' blood taste bad to the fleas. I guess the vinegar is the same idea, but again, how much vinegar to how much water?

About how much apple cidar in about 8 oz.

Thanks for the helpful suggestion. When writing something like this, it would be most useful to give amounts, or proportions/ratios. "A bit of vinegar to the water" is less helpful than, for example, a tablespoon of vinegar per pint of water. Thanks again.

I would consult your Veterinarian before adding anything to your animals Food or Water.

Anonymous

How much vinegar do u add and how long before it starts working

DO NOT add vinegar to any cat's water, or spray on a cat's fur. Vinegar is extremely acidic, and if the cat's internal ph becomes more acidic, your little furbaby may develop life-threatening conditions! One such condition is made worse by acidic ph, and that condition is crystals in urine. This condition can quickly lead to urinary tract blockage which costs thousands of dollars to fix, including surgery and hospitalization, and an altered diet for life.

If the condition is not fixed, it is fatal and the cat will die an unbelievably painful torturous death. Please please please, DO NOT employ any remedy for anything that will increase the acidity in their system. I almost lost several of my little ones and the vet bills were about $3,000-4,000 each.

Im a try it hope it works I use 24 bombs still see a very little

🐛
📓
🌻
😎