BathroomCleaning

Gummy Spots on Countertops

My kitchen countertops are gummy and sticking. I have tried everything to get them to come clean. It is not all over the counter, but in spots. Can you please help me get them clean and let me know what caused this, so I can make sure it doesn't happen again.

Thanks,
Diana

Usually what causes the gummy spots are things like koolaid or honey or any sugar based product left behind on the counter for a period of time unseen. Then when something else is added atop it it becomes gummy. The only thing I've ever been able to use to get these spots out is a half and half mixture of bleach and water. Watch the mixture once you spray it and as soon as the gum is disolved wipe it clean and then wipe it with clean water and it won't leave a bleach mark. Hope this helps you. Good luck

By Donna (Guest Post)

I don't see any good feedback to your question! I have the same problem. If you find a solution, please let me know. I think an SOS pad would do it but I hate to scratch the surface that way. I will if we don't find a better solution.

Thanks.

<b>Editor's Note:</b> Try this link http://www.thri … 9151791.tip.html There may be a solution there.