Plans for a Fainting Couch?

I am looking for plans to build a fainting couch. One with a simple wooden frame that I can complete kind of quickly and upholster.

Sue from NY

What is a fainting couch?

A fainting couch was used in the late 1800's for ladies to recline on when they felt faint from the too tight corsets they wore. It's kind of like a chaise lounge with a slanted back usually with one arm and was upholstered in rich fabrics in the victorian style.

No nonononono that is not the use okay corsets were not too tight nor were they restrictive okay??? they were support garments the way that a bra is a support garment in the modern era.

Hi Sue: I am looking for a fainting couch plan, also. I am communicating with a company that does other furniture plans and if I have any successful response to this, I will pass it on to you.

Lorie in Canada

By Sue from NY (Guest Post)

Hi Lorie, That sounds great. I hope you get the plans soon. I am very interested.

Sue from NY

By Sandi in Georgia (Guest Post)

Hey, Sue:
Sounds like we're cut from the same cloth. I'm interested in finding plans to make my own fainting couch also. Have you had any luck yet?

Hi Sandi in Georgia, I haven't found any plans for a fainting couch, but, I did make one. I used an old upholstered chair I found at a yard sale. If your interested you can e-mail me at susie49ny AT yahoo.com and I will try to explain how I did it.

Hi Jeanne, would you please send me the info on how you made your fainting couch from a chair? Thanks so much!! Tha Kristi

Looking to build one also but a child size for my photography. Anyone found plans yet?

Jeanee

Make Your Own FurnitureJuly 5, 2005
🎉
😷
Generated 2020-12-26 02:09:44 in 960 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf741895.tip.html