Clothing StainsCleaning

Removing Creosote from Clothing

I sat on a creosote railroad tie in my yard. Then I found that the seat of my pants was coated with creosote tar. Can any one give me a solution for removing the creosote? Thanks!

By maria r. from Blue Ridge, GA

Lestoil is my best advice. It gets out all kinds of other grease and oil. Good luck.

I dealt with creosote for over 10 years because my husband worked on the railroad. If it's simply a stain, treat as any other bad grease or oil stain. However, if it is indeed coated. Soak in it with gasoline to loosen the creosote until you remove it. Then treat it like any bad grease or oil stain. Mind it may take more that one treatment, so don't dry the garment until the stain in gone. Sometimes I had to try different stain removers if the stain was stubborn. It seemed the garment, conditions, etc. were different. Thus it made stain removal different also. Good luck. As I always say, what have you got lose?

Creosote stains on clothes; try baking soda paste 1st, if that doesn't do the job, mix Simple Green with Spick and Span into a paste.

1. Spick and Spanish removes most stains.
2. Simple Green was made for industrial use to remove stains from coffee pots and grease from cars in COLD water