SceneryPhotos

Scenery: Mt. Baker (Washington)

Every summer my husband backpacks up Mount Baker to reflect on the year that passed. He says the time alone in nature, always recharges his spirit. During our busy lives, it's easy to forget what a gift nature is. And it's free and all around us!

By Patricia M.

This is a beautiful shot. My husband and I find great peace and serenity when we go hiking in the Smokies. We live pretty close to the Smokies and venture to the mountains often. It is a great reprieve from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. We love hiking and being surrounded by the beauty of nature that surrounds us all. Thank you for sharing this beautiful picture.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I envy you, and know I shouldn't. I grew up being able to look out our kitchen window, (sitting on a box that held wood for the stove), and on good days, could see Mt. Baker clearly. We lived about halfway between Bellingham and Lynden, if you are familiar. Maybe you live on the "other side", but our Western side gave us such a wonderful view. Loved the picture. Loretta, now from Alabama.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Your hubby definitely has the right idea. My brother posts his hiking pics from Texas on Facebook. Wish I knew how to swipe some of those, I'd post them here. Thumbs up for you and your DH.

Reply Like this photo? Yes