Really Strange Joke

"If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse?

None! Cause Ice cream doesn't have bones!"

By Susannah

Q. What's the difference between a duck?

A. One leg is both the same.

The joke as I heard it 40 years ago.gos.How many pancakes dos it take to fill a dog house while standing in the middle of a lake with a canoe over your head? The punchline is the same

Clear as mud! :)

Okay, Susannah, I have to ask--are you from Maine? I first heard that joke when I met my ex-husband more than 20 yrs ago and he's from northern Maine. Thanks for the memory! :)

Let's say your rolling your canoe down the sidewalk and the paddle on the boot breaks off, how many pancakes does it take to shingle a dog house? None because dogs don't lay eggs.

I've heard that using drugs may impair your thinking. There is help available for you :-)

Heard this about 35 years ago - but never heard an answer ~~

If it takes a hen and a half, a day and a half, to lay an egg and a half - how long does it take a grasshopper with a wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a cucumber?

When you're riding in a canoe, up a tree, and one wheel falls off, how many pancakes does it take to get to the moon?

None, cuz snakes don't have armpits!

So you're climbing up a tree an wheel falls off how many pancakes does it take to get to the moon?

Purple stupid snakes don't have elbows

Alabama rocket dolphine

The asker usually enda up asking Do you give up? And most people say yes. Then the asker answers Do worry, so did the grasshopper

my brother told me a close version of this joke over and over when i was 5 and he was 17. his version asked, "if you're rowing across the river and the cat jumped in...how many pancakes does it take to shingle a doghouse?" at 5 years old i tried a different number every time just hoping i would be right. that was a good memory...i'm 33 now! haha

As I heard it..."If you were paddling upstream in a canoe, how many pancakes does it take to cover a doghouse?" "It doesn't really matter because there are no pits in ice cream." "It could have been a cantaloupe, but it doesn't have any horns." "It was a football about this(hold index finger and thumb about 1 inch apart) color."

Wow, this is like a bad game of telephone! The original joke:

Q: If you're paddling through the desert without an oar, how many pancakes does it take to shingle a doghouse? A: None, because ice cream has no bones

Anonymous

these are hilarious!! I have never heard any of them and I will be sure to use them with my co-workers. I work with mostly all men and they ask a lot of nosy questions. I think from now on, instead of replying in a sarcastic and hateful way, I'm going to come back at them with one of these riddles. They are all grown men over the age of 40, some over 50 but act like they are in junior high school. One of these statements will really get them going!!!! Thanks for posting!!!

Not funny since everyone has been hearing versions of it since Moses walked the earth and John the Baptist was still in good with King Herod. It should be inspiration to make up your own, on the fly dumb jokes

Two penguin are in the Big Apple bustling along with everyone else's pace on the sidewalk when one of the penguin (Joe) stops suddenly and asks the first penguin Tom, "Hey, Tom !? Gimme a typewriter !! Tom screams back, "No way! What do you think I am, an icecube !!??!

I'm from England so haven't heard any of these jokes before. I can't stop laughing at them. Has anyone got anymore eccentric funnies?

So what was the answer to the pancake joke?

I still don't get it?

Someone help and explain the answer.

If your mother was a doctor and your father was a surgeon. How long would it take 10 minutes to cover the inside of a doghouse with pancakes? Right or wrong? Wrong footballs don't have ears. Have you ever seen a banana with a zipper?

I thought it was "If you are paddling upstream in a canoe, and you get a flat tire, how many pancakes does it take to build a doghouse?" Then the answer was " Blue, because Ice cream has no bones"

Anonymous

The way I heard it from a guy from California was "If you are rowing up a 2 lane stream in a one lane canoe and you lose your saddle, how many waffles does it take to shingle a doghouse"

The way i heard it 40+ years ago...
Question: If your in a canoe traveling down the highway at 90 mph and got 4 flat tires, how many pancakes does it take to build a dog house.

Answer: There's no bones in ice cream

I know this is an old thread but had to comment... never heard this version of the joke. The version I was taught almost 40 years ago is this:

You're walking down the street in your canoe; how many pancakes can you stack on your trunk? None, because ice cream don't have bones.

Anonymous

Alright, I need to get the version I was told as a kid out there... Not sure if I heard it from my dad or my uncle, but here it goes:
Q: If it takes 16 flapjacks to shingle a doghouse, how long would it take a grasshopper with a wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a dill pickle?
A: Half an orange.
You wanna know why? Cuz a vest doesn't have sleeves!
For what it's worth, I lived in CT til I was eight, then in upstate NY til I was twelve. I'm guessing that I first heard this about 45 years ago, when I was ten.

I thought I would try to stump Google and asked it the dumbest riddle my grandpa ever told me. This thread is hilarious!!

Anonymous

If you're driving down the road in your canoe and you get four flat tires, how many pancakes does it take to shingle a dog house?
None, ice cream doesn't have bones!

I made this joke up nearly 50 years ago. The real line is, If you are going down the river and your canoe has a flat tire, how many pancakes does it take to shingle a dog house.

I even made up the answer. 13 because you should not give a dog ice cream.

GREAT. This is a dumb joke that my Mom used to tell.

I am from the tri-state area, and the 70's version that I heard was:
Q: If the canoe on your roof, has three flat tires. How many pancakes does it take to cover your dog house?
A: Half as long, as it takes a crossed eyed grasshopper to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle.

How many pancakes does it take to shingle a doghouse?
Answer; Blue
Why: Because aliens don't wear tin foil hats

Thats the way I heard it back in my college days.

I heard How many cookies does it take to cover a dog house One great big one because a vest has no sleeves and ice cream has no bones its like going up river with one ore

If u are paddling a canoe up a tree and it gets a flat tire, how many pancakes does it take to cover a doghouse?
None, because ice cream doesn't have bones.

What's the difference between a duck?

The higher it flies the much.

Ladies and gentlemen I've come before you to stand behind you and tell you something I know nothing about. Next Thursday which is Good Friday there is a ladies aid meeting for men only. Free admission, pay at the door, pull up a seat and sit in the floor.

It takes 37 because ice cream dont got bones... so which way is faster, too Seattle or by bus?

Two guys are walking down the street with a canoe one their back four wheels fall off so how many pancakes can you fit in a doghouse none because ice cream doesn't melt on mashed potatoes Philly Style

Anonymous

"I'd just like to add a further note if I may, that inasmuch as we have said these things, we have hoped that the newness that has worn off... has come through feeling that the long arm has reached out, and brought back, one tbat we could slip under the door."
Dick Martin, 'Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In'

Here's the version that I remember from the 60's, midwest, Chicago. "If you were walking down the street and saw a right handed man carrying a left handed canoe, how many pancakes would it take to fill up a doghouse? Thirteen, because ice cream has no bones."

Thats MY story, and I'm stickin' to it. Goes right along with the 60's "Memory Test" that starts out "One hen, two ducks, three squawking geese, four limerick oysters ... " that I can still do today. Amazing myself too! (Thanks Aunt Joan)

If a cat jumps out of the boat, and all four wheels fall off, how many marshmallows does it take to build a dog house?

None because pillows don't have arms or legs

If your driving your canoe up a tree, and there's fork in the road, how many pancakes does it take to cover the barn door