Use Your Door as a Message "Superboard"

If you have a metal door, I have a wonderful idea that will help. If you don't you can still put up a metal sheet on the door, unless of course it is a decorative front door. Mine is metal and it's perfect.

I put kind of a message "SuperBoard" up on mine. I have my favorite magnets, a calendar, markers, a write-on/wipe-off board, a mirror, cute photos, and more.

I make notes on both the write-on and the calendar, keeping it pretty much at eye level. I rarely forget things now, as I either set them in front of the door at night, or put up a sign that says "take..." and don't have to waste tape. You can put permission slips, school menus and schedules, Dr. appts., car repair, and even coupons for food or entertainment.

I made a pen holder, the little short ones you can get at the dollar tree of big lots, and put them opposite ends alternating, in one of the sewing kit boxes from the dollar tree, and superglued a very powerful magnet on the back.

Just get in the habit of looking on the door each night and each morning, and it will be as handy as mine has been. I hope this helps!

By Sandra from Salem, OR

I love this idea! We need to replace our old wooden back door with a new metal one. It'll be a great place for putting up reminders, etc., as we head out to the garage!

what a great idea!! We have a metal front and back door to our home. My husband and I both are fabrication welders and we loved the look of the metal doors that were already on the home when we bought it! I kept debating on weather or not to trade them up with wooden doors...but this is a great idea...and could be very useful...I think we will stick with our metal doors and use them :)