Homemade Message Board Ideas
Household communication can be facilitated with the use of a message board. This page contains homemade message board ideas
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This will keep your whole family organized! Using recycled materials, you can create a beautiful message board to display in your entry way.
Approximate Time: About an hour
- recycled cork board
- recycled shelf
- spray paint
- decorative pins
- butter knife
- Spray paint the entire cork board and shelf the same color (you might want to remove any hooks first). Let dry.
- To add visual interest, add some fabric along the bottom half of the message board. To do this, simply use a butter knife and slowly work the fabric into the frame of the cork board. Fold over the top part of the fabric as you slide in the sides. Use decorative pins to hold the fabric in place along the cork.
- Attach the cork board and shelf to the wall right next to each other so it looks like one big piece.
- Presto! Add a calendar or other important papers. If your shelf has hooks, it's a perfect place to hang keys or other essentials.
By Ci Ci from Yakima, WARead More Comments
Use an old cupboard door for a kitchen accent.
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 cupboard door ($2.00)
- 1 can spray chalk paint ($4.00)
- 1 can spray glue ($4.00)
- 1 roll burlap ribbon ($4.00)
- Clean off old cupboard door with wet cloth.
- Spray half of the inside panel with chalkboard paint.
- Spray back of cork board with glue and place on other half.
- Spray back of each measured piece of burlap ribbon with glue and set in place.
If you have a metal door, I have a wonderful idea that will help. If you don't you can still put up a metal sheet on the door, unless of course it is a decorative front door. Mine is metal and it's perfect.
This is a darling little message board. Duct tape comes in so many cute colors now. This little message board is a series of strips of duct tape put into a square on the wall.
This covers up an imperfection in our pine paneling.
You can make a dry erase count down tile to mark any upcoming event, such as a birthday. This is a page about making dry erase count down tile.
A message board that let's you communicate expectations or chore duties to your teenage kids, even if you are not at home, can be very helpful. This is a page about making a DIY message board for your kids.
For a quick, temporary felt message board, cover a cut piece of cardboard with felt. Hot glue in place and you are ready to keep organized.
You can easily customize your cork board to fit any decor theme by covering the cork board in whatever fabric you choose. A fabric covered corkboard is a perfect place to leave notes for others in the household or to just pin photos and reminders.
This page contains homemade magnetic bulletin board. A useful project to help keep yourself or someone else organized.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.