TipsCleaning

Dust with Fabric Softener Sheets

Use a fresh dryer sheets to dust rustic wood. Works great!

By Louella from Billings, MT

I use fabric softener sheets to freshen my shoes, and used ones to clean the dust off my cars dash board and panels. I dust my TV screens with them too! This way I get more use out of them than just drying my clothes.

By Karen from Pawtucket, RI

Answers:

Dust with Used Fabric Softener Sheets

I always used my dryer sheets twice, then use for dusting-they are a great dust magnet. (03/05/2011)

By LisaE

Dust with Used Fabric Softener Sheets

I always use my sheets twice in the dryer especially if the loads are not big and sometimes a third time. You can tell if it is still good to use by feeling it. (03/05/2011)

By Teresa Tart

Save your used fabric softener sheets and use them to dust with. They work great. I also use them on my Swiffer Duster instead of paying for the more expensive Swiffer replacements.

By Jackie S.

Answers:

Dust with Used Fabric Softener Sheets

I'd wondered if you could do that. Will it help the dust and pet hair cling to the sheet? Some dusting sheets just push it around and really pick up nothing. I thought to kill two birds and make my own dryer sheets, then dust with it after it came out of the dryer.

Haven't tried it yet. Those Swiffer refills are EXPENSIVE! This could be a real time and money saver. Thanks. (12/31/2008)

By Terri T.

Reusing swiffer dusters

To prolong swiffer duster use, I put the dusty ones in a net washing bag and wash with my towels. I have both air dried them and dried them in the dryer. Both work. You get about two or three more uses out of them. (07/10/2009)

By Carolyn