Bamboo Jumping Game?

What is the old fashioned game (from 1970-73) called that you use two 5-7 foot bamboo sticks and jump in and out. 2 people hold the sticks close to the ground and clap them together in a rhythm. Similar to chinese jump rope I think.

Cindy from Lake Wales, FL

You're probably thinking of "tininkling" a dance from the Phillipines. (I remember it from P.E. grade school). Google "tininkling" and there are lots of links. Have fun.

By Emma (Guest Post)

Cindy, you must have been in the same girl scout camp as I. I remember playing this as a girl. I was just looking this up to show my daughter, but your post was all I could find. Did you ever get any more information about the game?

Diamond Feedback Medal for All Time! 1,023 Feedbacks

Here's a link about it: www.likha.org/.../tinikling.asp

It was Hawaiian jump rope - with 2 long bamboo poles. A girl on each end clicked the poles apart on the ground twice, then slide them together. The 3rd girl puts her foot in and out and then jumps in and out.

We did it around 1967... at my friends house. Much cooler than Chinese jumprope!

We played this game in 1965 in Balboa, a city in the Canal Zone in Panama. We simply called it sticks. It required 2 6-7 feet bamboo poles. A girl would hold the poles at each end. Then they would move them rhythmically, tapping the ground twice and then bringing them together in the center. Another child would jump between the sticks. It reminded me of "Chinese jump rope," another game girls played in the '60's.

I was thrilled to see this information. I remember playing this and want to do it with granddaughters. Thank you, ol' Girl Scouts!

70'-73'? I learned this in PhysEd in
grade school! 64' or 65'; Fourth grade, I think! You miss, your ankles get knocked!

Entertainment GamesOctober 6, 2006
🎃
🎂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf75590799.tip.html