HolidayPhotos

Scenery: Four Leaf Clover (Hillsboro, OR)

My son seems to find four leaf clovers in our front yard every single year. Since today is St. Patrick's Day, I sent him out to find me one to share with all of you. It took him maybe 5 minutes, he is a lucky guy. :)

Although we don't have a lot of Irish in our ancestry, we certainly enjoy celebrating every bit of it! Growing up, my mom would often serve us green colored milk for our breakfast cereal. Tonight, I'm making a lamb stew with Guinness beer, with more beer for my husband to drink. I'll post the recipe if it turns out good.

Happy St. Patrick's Day from all of us at ThriftyFun!

Anonymous

Wow! Four leaf clovers are rare (1 in 10,000)! I wonder, since your son seems to find one every year, if these might not be pepperwort clovers instead of the original shamrock white clover? Whichever it is, it must give your son a thrill. :-)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

That reminds me of my Grandmother who could walk out into the yard and in no time found a 4 leaf clover. She did it every time, and I wondered how in the world she could zoom in on them. It is interesting to hear that other people have this talent too. :)

Reply Like this photo? Yes