Pool Products?

I have an inground pool with cloudy water. What can I use other than a commercial pool product that will work like a "Floc" and drop floating debri to the bottom of the pool so that it can be vacuumed?

Best Answer

The best solution to keeping the pool clear is to test often and stay on top of the situation. The more you get out of whack, the more expensive and longer it takes to come back. The PH is the all powerful count to keep track of. If you can keep it at 7, then you should be problem free, but things change with a rainfall, or adding water to the pool. Shocking it is the only way to kill the algae, and only then will it sink to the bottom of the pool for vacuuming. You can get shock at Canadian Tire cheaper than at the pool place and then I found an even better price at the local garden store. Always shock at night and keep the kids out for 24 hours afterwards. The sun kills the shocking power. I was also told that foregoing buying those big containers of shock, you can religeously put 1 cup of Javex in the pool everyday instead, but then the next time I saw him, he was raving about getting a tank and buying shock in bulk at a really cheap price. The best plan is to take a water sample to the pool store and get them to run it thru the computer. This way, you'll know exactly what you have to do and knowing that can save you money in itself. We finally got a manta, sooooo glad! What a time and back saver! But the best advise that I can give you is to get your water sample into the pool store regularily to have a proper plan of action and stay on top of things. There are several reasons why water may be cloudy and sometimes you have to put in a teaspoon of muric acid when all else fails. Get some prof. advise on this one though, good luck!