Drilling Slot For Glass Block Bank?

I want to make a glass block bank. How do I drill the slot?

By Jaime from Alberta, Canada

Begin with a glass block. Use an electric drill with a diamond drill bit to create a hole in the side of the block large enough to feed through a string of lights. Clean the dust out of the block. If desired, you can paint the inside of the block with a frosted glass spray paint, or you can paint a picture on the front of the block. For a standard glass block, about 8-by-8-by-4 inches, choose a small set of lights with about 20 bulbs on a string. Feed them through the hole. Wrap a ribbon around the block and add a large bow on top. Plug in the package to see it light up. Good luck.

I wanted to add that drilling the hole may take a good 5 minutes. The bit will get very, very hot. You'll need to pause a minute or so a few times before you get through the glass.

kffrmw88, I know how to make the lighted boxes. I want to know if anyone knows how to dill a slot to make a "piggy bank" out of the blocks.

I have heard of them but can not find any mention of how to make them.

Did you ever find an answer to this question? I'm wondering the same thing. I was going to either use a dremel or I have a tile cutter but that seems dangerous.

Crafts Glass ArtNovember 17, 2009
🌻
📓
😷
🐛
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf76229346.tip.html

Glass ArtCrafts