Removing Facial Hair

How can I get rid of hair on my face by homemade methods? But not by using bleach.

Pavani

Answers

Waxing is the best and longest way (besides laser removal). I am going to do laser but do the wax for eyebrows and upper lip. I've heard of some people using duct tape for hair removal on arms and such, but I don't think you'd want to do it on the face. Nair works, but only for surface and if the hair is dark it won't do much good because it will show when it grows out.

Try threading, which is how Indian women do it. Thread is twisted very tightly around the hair and then ripped off, like waxing. It's best to find someone who really knows how to do this

Hi, I've had tons of hair on my face & chin since I was a teenager. I'm in my 50's now & it's no picnic. The best way I've found to remove facial hair is pluck daily the BLACK hairs (I use Tweezerman tweezers & a 5X mirror under a bright light) then use an elec. shaver once or twice a week for the light hairs. I used to use "Nair" but it was very irritating. Good luck.

Get yourself a Conair, battery operated razor. It's the size of a large pen. I've been using one for four years now and I love it. The more you use it, the lighter and thinner the hair grows back in. I use it on my whole face, including eyebrows, upper lip, cheeks, and neck. It gets rid of the baby fuzz that you get as you grow older. It was recommended to me by a cancer specialist. I only have to use it about once a week. I'd never be without one now!

I was just reading an article on yahoo about hair growth...

fullcoverage.yahoo.com/.../spearmintteamayhelpwomenwithhirsutism

I have PCOS as well, so I got the whole bundle. LOL..

I pluck, pluck pluck, cut them off with scissors, electra shaver after plucking, I do waxing the week between my period and ovulation. If you do it too close to when you have your period your skin can become very irritated.I know mine does.

Keep plucking and I will let you know if the tea works.

Laura

By dbeeie columbia, sc (Guest Post)

www.19.5degs.com/.../506.php
I use this homemade sugar wax. Put a soft terrycloth rag over wax and press. Pull hard and quick. I use it on my face and legs.

By hina (Guest Post)

hey
take 1 table spoon of white flour and 1 table spoon of potash alum and add 1 table spoon of rose water into it.....apply this on your face and do this daily for one month.....or get ur face waxed (hot)and then apply rose water it will close the pores and regrowth would be slower

By KARTHIKA (Guest Post)

Take one tablespoon of Turmeric powder and mix with curd. Apply this pack on your face regularly. Your hair regrowth will be slower.

By payal. (Guest Post)

i want a home suggestion, which remove all my hairs from my face in 2 months.

Answer this Question

14 More Questions

Has anyone ever gotten laser hair removal done? If so, how bad was the pain and how long did your hair stay gone? I have heard it really isn't permanent but I am so desperate I am willing to think about getting it done. I have hair on my chin so bad that I need to shave twice a day now. My chin is too sensitive for waxing or Nair.

Do more women than I know of have hair on their chins or am I just a freak of nature? Also, has anyone tried the prescription Vaniqua for hair removal and did it work? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mindy from Washington, IN

Does anyone have a safe and effective treatment for hair removal for chin and upper lip hair? I use a Finish Touch razor, but it is temporary and the chin hair is stubborn to get rid of. Thank you.

By flower51

I am looking for anyone who has had electrolysis done on their face. Please specify if a disposable needle was used or if a probe was used. I am trying to find out if you feel that what you had done was successful and worth the time and money. Any feedback, positive or negative, relating to your experiences would be appreciated. Please be sure to let me know if it was by needle or probe. I have been told that laser will not work on coarse white hairs and that is part of my problem. In terms of time and cost, does anyone have any feedback on whether to have laser first on the hair that it will treat and then electrolysis on the hair that laser won't treat?

Frances from Kansas City, MO

Answers

By Carlene (Guest Post)

I have used electrolysis with a disposable needle. It worked great for me. Mine was heavy to. I went twice a month for a while then once a month. The cost is a lot less than laser . If you have a very low pain tolerance recommend laser.
Nothing I couldn't stand but my daughter liked the laser.
Am very happy with my experience with electrolysis.

By (Guest Post)

I had electrolysis done on my blond hair on my face. It was by probe. It was very effective for me, but I did have very fine hair. It is time consuming and you have to commit to it. I probably went once a week for two years. But that was sixteen years ago and since then I have only been for a touch up once. It is not the nicest feeling in the world, but bearable and the sessions don't really last that long. If you have hair that has been waxed, shaved or plucked previously, it will take plenty more sessions to kill the hair. But it is very effective if you're willing to dedicate the time and as for cost, well I know this is a thrifty site, but isn't it priceless to feel good about yourself?

By no name today (Guest Post)

Many years ago I had electrolysis. I went for *5* years or so and it may have done some good but I find an electric shaver the best way to go for me. My hair was course and dark. I expect that it was a probe since this was so long ago. It irritated my skin for a few days but I still continued. It did hurt. I still grew new hair and it seemed like a never ending process.

50 or 60 years ago my Mother had it done and she grew more hair. At 85 years old she was plucking them.

My adult children and I, just use an electric shaver.

Would I do it again -- NO! Was it a waste of money -- YES!

Do I think you should try it? Yes, but if you don't think it is working-----------?

By lisha (Guest Post)

did anyone ever did their eyebrow before with electrolysis and what happened to their skin after words. becasue i did my eyebrow and till now my skin is drooped down. the area was swollowed and now its drooped down. can someone please tell me if this is because of the heat and will i get better and will my eyes back normal again.

By carolyn (Guest Post)

Forget electrolysis! Go to your dermatologist and have IPL done instead, unless you're a real blonde. Intensive pulselight therapy works fairly well for facial and bikini areas (I've had both done), three times each, leaving me with just a few hairs to tweeze! It also works for little wrinkles and sunspots.

By sabrina 25yrs old (Guest Post)

Well I am currently under going treatmeant right now for my face. I have very fair skin with blonde hairs running down my jawline. My first 3 hour sesions were hell. But my sessions are down to 30 mins once a week. I am happy with my progress so far but the only down side for me was the little red bumps I had occured after each treatment that looked like pimples but went away after a few days. But you do have to be dedicated and have some type of pain tolerance because it is not pain free.

I have a problem. I'm 18yrs old. When I was small about 2yrs, I developed asthma, so I have to drink lots of medicine. Now when I am 18yrs it starts having an effect on my face. The hair grows longer on my face like men.

I have done many things to get rid of this but already no effect. I don't know what to do now. I am getting married soon. I have done waxing, etc., but it continues to grow longer. So I need your help now. What would I do?

By roomanah

I am looking for the best hair removal method for facial hair. What do you think of Finishing Touch razor. What do you all use? Thank you.

By flower

How do I remove coarse facial hair? I have tried an epilator, shaving, various creams, Nads, and wax. What works the best? I can't afford to go to a salon for treatment. Any feedback much appreciated.

By Fran from Fife, Scotland

I recently waxed my side burns, about 2 weeks ago, but I'm kinda getting a stubble. The same goes with my upper lip.

I used the wax strips that they sell at Wallgreen's, but I don't know why my hair is growing back so fast. Help!

It was my fool attempt to cleaning out my facial hairs in order to make my face smooth and more fine than before, but sadly it turned worse. Now it is not smooth, but it is more rough and has more ingrown hairs. Also, my face has gone from darker and reddish to white and bright. So what should I do to have my previous face?

By pardon

I have hair on my chin and I pluck them. I have so many black spots it's so embarrassing. Everybody asks me what happen to you. How can I get rid of these spots?

By Fatima

Answer this Question

If you have hair on your upper lip and would like to have it removed there are some frugal solutions out there. This is a page about removing hair from my upper lip.

A woman removing hair from her upper lip.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This page concerns my daughter shaving her sideburns. Young people can be very self conscience. Unwanted facial hair can be removed in a few other ways without shaving.

A pink woman's razor next to a bar of soap.

How do you remove unwanted facial hair?

How can I remove useless hair from my face?

Load More
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips RemovalAugust 7, 2015
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf76782335.tip.html