DishesCleaning

Burned Food On Emerilware Skillet

Category Dishes

I burned sloppy joes to my Emerilware skillet. It is an expensive nonstick skillet. I can't get the burned mixture off. Does anyone have an solution? Help, I don't want to lose my skillet!

Kem from Monroe, LA

I have heard that using meat tenderizer on pots and pans will bring them back to the original state. Just wet down the skillet and sprinkle the meat tenderizer on it and let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing it clean.
Let me know if you have success or not

I don't know if this will work but I use this method for getting hard to remove stuff off my pans -(I haven't tried on non-stick) I either put water or seltzer water in the pan (enough to boil) and it boils/sizzles most or all of it off. Also, I would use an appropriate spatula to help scrape it off in the process. Of course you wouldn't want the water to boil away.

By Kerry (Guest Post)

Try wetting the burned-on stuff and covering with baking soda. Let set for a bit, then try scrubbing with a dishcloth. It should come right off.

You can also try baking soda and water, let soak;

OR

Dishwasher soap and water, let soak

Hope it works!

By Fran from Jonesboro., GA. (Guest Post)

All is not lost, and your skillet is salvageable. Whenever I burn something in my cookware, I simply add a couple of drops of a "good" dish washng liquid (like Dawn) along with water and boil it. Boiling will loosen the burned on residue and you should be able to wipe it out of the skillet with a dishcloth. IF one try doesn't work -- try the process again. Good luck!
Fran

You may be able to get the pan clean by soaking it in water and dishwasher soap, this is something I have used in the past to remove burnt on residue.
Just be careful of hotspots on the pan in the future, usually once a pan is burnt in hotspots are there forever after and you can only use it on low heat.

Good luck.
Artena D.

By Sharon (Guest Post)

Put a fabric softener dryer sheet in the skillet. Add enough hot water to the skillet, to cover the burned spot. Let sit overnight. The burned spot should come off.