Cleaning Laminate Cabinets?

What is best for cleaning laminate kitchen cabinets?

Marcia

I have brand new laminate cabinets. I try to clean them and they show streaks. What product or cleaning technique can I use to eliminate the streaks?

By Steve L.

My kitchen cabinets are not made of wood. It looks like pressed fiberboard with a dark woodgrain laminated finish that has been heavily varnished supposedly so they would be easy to clean. I cannot get them clean--have tried vinegar, fantastik, windex, etc. Any advice would be appreciated.

Betty from Slate Hill, NY

Answers:

Cleaning Laminate Cabinets

I have the same type of cabinets you've described. I use any type of cleaner I have on hand to do mine. But I think Windex is the best cleaner for any type of plastic. It doesn't leave a residue, and it leaves a shine.

You might look into TSP (tri sodium phosphate) if you're really stuck. Ask at Lowe's, the clerk will know what you need.

Have you tried scouring the really dirty places with a paste made of baking soda? You'd need to rinse and then I'd go back over with the Windex.

Don't forget you can paint those cupboards if you ever want to do that. You need special paint and you'll need to prime them. That is what I am considering doing with mine. (I hate them...lol)

Best of luck (03/26/2008)

By Carol Swanson

Cleaning Laminate Cabinets

Hi! Saw your post for what to use to clean laminate cabinets. Have you tried Murphy's oil soap? This works really well. Either that or Simply Green. What ever is cheapest. Both work equally great. (03/26/2008)

By KAMERZ

Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenFebruary 13, 2009
📓
😷
🌻
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf77664091.tip.html

KitchenCleaning