Threading a Sewing Machine Needle?

Does anyone out there have an easy way to thread a self-threading sewing machine? I have a Singer #1748 and am having a really tough time trying to thread the needle with the self threader or even manually. Any help would be much appreciated.

Mahalo in advance.

By judy from HI

I never use the self threader on my Singer, I think it is a royal pain. However, when I do have trouble getting the needle threaded, I grab a small piece of white paper and hold it in back of the needle. That seems to make it easier.

Take a small piece of scotch tape and lay it sticky side up, pull your thread taunt across it and fold it over with the thread as near the fold as possible. Now, using your scissors, cut off the excess tape leaving a small sliver of the fold.

Cut the end off at an angle and thread it through the needle then cut the taped end off. If you are still having trouble, prop you piece of paper behind the eye to make it easier to see.

I spray the end of the thread with hair spray and blow it dry. This stiffens it up just enough to make it go through the hole easier. If no hair spray is available, spray starch works great too.

I have a chunk of beeswax that I run most of my threads through before I try to thread any needle. Though, to be honest I have used an old piece of candle wax before too. I usually do this for hand sewing, but have done it on the machine as well.

Crafts SewingOctober 25, 2010
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf78794106.tip.html