Weight LossHealth & Beauty

Can I Drink Milk on A Liquid Diet?

I've been on an all liquid diet, I exercise plenty, take vitamins, and eat whatever I want on weekends (REAL food). So far its been working well. Though my parents tell me its not very healthy. They want me to actually eat and drink plenty of milk for calcium. Is there a way I can do this that will work with my diet and still keep my parents happy?

Aliesha from Florida

I don't understand what you mean by "liquid diet"--last I heard, milk IS a liquid! Actually, your diet may work even better if you do include milk every day, like 3-4 glasses! Try it...I'll keep checking to see if you've got an update down the road apiece. Good Luck!

By KC (Guest Post)

If you are on a CLEAR liquid diet, then no. But if it is a FULL liquid diet, then yes.

Actually let me clear this up. Im alergic to milk. So, would soy milk or skim be included. Thats what I mean when I refer to " milk". Sorry to the inconviences.

Anyways, if I drink the milk..would this affect my diet. When I I refer to all liqued i Mean all liqued. But as in fat...is it okay?

If you are a teenager, and are doing this on your own, with out being under a doctor's supervision, no, this is not okay. Nor is it okay if you an adult doing this just to lose weight. Anyone who is on a total liquid diet for any length of time, and not being supervised by a health professional is risking all sorts of things. How are you getting adequate protein in your diet? Milk or soy products will give you some calcium, but a total liquid diet for any length of time is just asking for trouble, in my opinion.