FreezingFood and Recipes

Lots of Carrots, Help! Looking for Ideas.

I have been given tons of carrots, besides the usual stews, snacks, pattties, cakes, loafs and cookies, broth, etc., I'd like to know if you can freeze them?

Anyone know or have other ideas on this nice lot of carrots?

Thanks,
Anna

By Linda (Guest Post)

Of course you can freeze carrots. Blanch or par-cook them and then cool quickly in ice water. Drain, freeze in serving sizes in plastic bags. Use as a cooked vegie with a meal. Or carrot-raisin salad is a good choice for fresh carrots. I like to add drained pineapple and make a non-fat yogurt dressing instead of fat-laden mayo.

Grate them and put them in your freezer, use for carrot cake. I put the amount that is needed in the bag for a carrot cake. 3 cups, no need to blanch. Just peel and grate, put in a freezer bag. Been doing it for 40 years.