Red Oreo Cookie Filling Stain on Carpet

I have a problem with a stain on my carpet. It was caused by the cream filling from a seasonal Oreo cookie, the Christmas ones with red filling. Even the professionals had no luck. I am hoping one of you brilliant people will have something I can try. Thanks!

By joan from NY

I haven't had this exact experience, but with red wine stains this works. A product called "Soil Love" removes red wine stains. My table cloth is sprayed with Soil Love and then soaked in Cold Water overnight then washed as usual, it works every time. Since it is carpet, try the spray and perhaps a cold wet towel weighted down over night. Good Luck

I use Spot Shot on everything from carpet to laundry stains and it's awesome. Spray a good amount on the spot, blot, repeat if necessary.

For laundry I spray it on the spot before I put the clothes in the hamper. The best deal I have found is at Lowe's. Big can, small price!

If all else fails I'd find someone with a Bissell SpotBot Pet cleaner. You put in their solution, set it over the spot and the machine dispenses the right amount of solution and rotates the brushes over the spot for 5 or 6 minutes. You can walk away while it does the job. It beeps when it is done. It might take several tries. I can't guarantee it would work on that but apparently it does a great job of removing pet stains, even if they have been there for some time, according to the reviews. I just bought one, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Have you tried peroxide? Sometimes it works by breaking down organic materials, and the stain may be caused by food safe vegetable dye.

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetFebruary 6, 2011
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-23 11:40:11 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

CarpetCleaning