HealthDogs

Treating Yard to Prevent Worms in Dogs

My 5 month old puppy has serious worms problems. He is being treated but how do I treat the yard? Is there something I can do to make sure the grass is "clean and safe" again? Its a big yard. Thank you.

By Donna from Pico Rivera, CA

Lime works very well. You can buy it by the bagfuls at home improvement stores (Lowe's, Home Depot, maybe Walmart) and just spread it all over your yard. It is inexpensive and won't hurt your puppy. Darween in Ga/USA

One of the most effective ways is to clean up the waste in your yard. I have a little basket that is on wheels I bought for about 20 dollars at a flea market..it is for carting around groceries. I put a small kitchen size garbage container in that and line it with a bag.

When I poop-scoop with the long handled pooper scoupers you can buy at petsmart, I put the waste in this receptacle. Looking at waste is a good way to tell if the worm problem is stopping too. Hope this helps.