Electronics (Small)Repair

TiVo is Stuck on One Channel

Does anyone know how to repair a TiVo unit that is stuck on one channel? Being the graceful one that I am, I dropped it while dusting! Thanks.

Mary from Henderson, NV

Search online for an answer. Good luck.

Have you tried unplugging for 10 minutes or so it until it re-boots, This is what I do with my cable DVR when it locks up.

By Ace (Guest Post)

We pay the extra $5.99/mo for the repair service from TiVo. This means any problems they will come out for free & replace for free. It's worth it!

I upgraded my very old TIVO from a 40 MG hard drive to a much larger capacity about two years ago. I emailed TIVO through their support site at www.tivo.com. They told me which brands were compatible and the very simple directions on replacement Think I bought the hard drive at a Best Buy store. All it took was one screwdriver to take the old hard drive out, after unhooking two cables from hard drive.

You then screw the new hard drive into the same place, put the cables onto the new drive, hook it to a TV and power to make sure it works. Unplug Tivo from power, put case back on and you're done! I am a 70 year old female so you know it has to be a simple job!