Cat Urine Smell on Hardwood Floors?

I have discovered dark patches on the wooden floor where my cat has previously peed and it has dried in. I am not too bothered about the stain it has made as it will be covered by a new rug. I will have to throw away the old rug which is shaggy pile and replace it, but I need to get rid of the smell. The floor is teak. Any ideas please?

By Lynn from UK

Anonymous
Best Answer

the best solution is 1tsp diswashing liquid 1 tbsp baking soda an d 16 ozs hydrogen peroxide mixed together. pour on area where urine is/ it will fizz, leave til next day or when dry. wipe down and voila your smell is gone. unfortunately the dark stain will remain. but odour gone. one hundred per cent

I need to remove ammonia smell from cat urine in heating vents and on wood floor.

By janet from Dundee, IL

How can you get cat urine out of wooden floors?

By petengina

Answers:

Cat Urine Smell on Hardwood Floors

Here is a website that might be helpful to you.

Cat Urine Odor Removal. Home remedy methods to Clean Cat Urine Smell

This is the website:
catsofaustralia.com

I hope it is helpful for you! (08/16/2010)

By Caressa

Cat Urine Smell on Hardwood Floors

I have a cat with behavioral issues. I use Odoban which works well, but every once in a while I get a whiff of what might still be between the cracks in the wood. I just recently tried white vinegar and it really seems to work well. I used a spray bottle and sprayed on straight (not diluted) and made sure to soak the cracks. I let it sit there for about a minute and then patted the area dry with paper towels, pressing firmly on the cracks until no more moisture was absorbed into the towel. Vinegar is known for neutralizing odors and it's cheap! It didn't stain my floor, but you may want to try in an inconspicuous spot on your floor first. A friend of mine swears by Nature's Promise, but I haven't tried that yet. The September 2010 issue of Real Simple magazine has tips for getting cat pee out of carpets. They use vinegar too. (08/30/2010)

By Mermaid

How can I remove the smell of cat urine from my hardwood floors?

By southerngirl from LA

My son bought a house that smells like cat pee. I have read many articles on the subject, however nothing I have read specifically answers this question.

My cat has ruined our hardwood floors. The smell is awful since we have been using the heater. I have tried so many products and nothing works. I have to be careful with certain products on the wood. I am very sad because I may have to give the cat away or put it on medication. Please help.

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsApril 2, 2011
🐛
🌻
🐰
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf80943222.tip.html