Cleaning Coffee Stains on a Crocheted Tablecloth

Crochet tablecloths can be somewhat delicate. Removing stains, such as coffee, needs to be done with care. This is a guide about cleaning coffee stains on a crocheted tablecloth.

I have a 4'x6' hand-crocheted tablecloth that has set in coffee stains (from many years ago). Is there any way I can remove the stains safely without damaging the crochet? I have washed it in bleach but the stains did not even lighten. Thanks for any advice you can give.

Connie

Answers

By Pam (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Try Fels Naphtha Heavy Duty Laundry Bar Soap found in the laundry section of almost any store. This is a bar soap you wet and rub into the stain. I have used this to remove set in blood stains and it removed it with no problem at all.

By Claudia (Guest Post)
Best Answer

If all else fails, think about dyeing your tablecloth in your washing machine. I had an ivory crocheted tablecloth that I dyed a pearl grey. Tan or Grey should cover your stain or at least make it less obvious.

By (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I have removed old horrendous stains by using 1 cup of powdered "Biz" and 1 cup of "Clorox II" powdered bleach in a bucket of hot water. Stir until the powders dissolve. Add your stained items right away or wait until the mixture cools. I let one item soak for 5 days and the stain ( baby formula from 30+ years ago!!) finally came out!

By (Guest Post)

Try some SHOUT either is stick or liquid, let set overnight, if that doesn't work why not soak the tablecloth in coffee and change the color? I bet it would be pretty, I can't guarantee it would work but if it was mine I would try it. Perhaps a dry cleaner could give you some advice.

Dotty