Selling a CarCars

Selling a Mercury Mystique

Does anyone have any idea what a good asking price would be for a 2000 mercury mystique with 94,000 miles on it. It needs a new transmission and possibly a new fuel line. The body is in pretty good shape with a few minor scratches and the inside is pretty good. I just really want a good starting place. Thanks

Michele from Syracuse, NY

Try www.kbb.com (the Kelley Blue Book official site).

I tried kbb.com before but they will only give it a price for in fair condition. I really think that mine (because of the problems) would be poor condition and they wont give it a price. But thanks for the advice.

By Gepe (Guest Post)

Start at $2,000.00,my hubby is a car salesman and he said you could get around $1,500- to $1,200.-
It's an old car, in not so good shape and allot of miles, so don't expect allot of money.Hope this is of help though,Good Luck.

Wow I didnt think that I even possibly might be able to get that much for it especially needing a new transmission. I was feeling lucky if I could get a couple hundred for it. thanks for the advice.

By (Guest Post)

I personally would never buy a car that I knew needed a new tranmission. Spend some more money and relieve yourself of a huge money pit of a car!