Green Stains on White Silk Cloth

I had a white cloth which is made of silk. This had green and brown borders. I accidentally machine washed it instead of dry cleaning. Now I see green and brown patches all over cloth. Can you suggest me some ways to bring the cloth to its original colors?

By Kumar from TX

Not going to happen.

I was washing white silk cloth that has a green border. The green bled onto the white cloth. Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove the stains?

Sarala

Answers:

Green Stains on White Silk Cloth

I've done that before. I (while it was still wet), I soaked it in the washer with white vinegar in cold water. Rewashed it and the part that bled was gone! (12/04/2008)

By Debbie

Green Stains on White Silk Cloth

Silk

Dry-cleaning is preferable, but some garments can be gently washed in a neutral detergent, such as the special wool washes. It is preferable that the wash water and the rinse water are used at the same temperature.

Spot cleaning tends to leave rings and should be avoided. If you need a bleach, use peroxide, not a chlorine because chlorine causes yellowing of white and cream silks. After washing, hang briefly to remove excess water and press or roll between towels. Avoid steam pressing or sprinkling with water because it may cause water marks. Iron shirts and blouses on the inside, it stops the fabric getting a glossy look if the iron is a bit too hot.

http://www.chemistry.co.nz/stain_frame.htm (12/04/2008)

By Cora

Home and Garden Cleaning FabricJune 21, 2010
🌻
🎂
📓