CarpetCleaning

Diarrhea Stains on Carpet

There is diarrhea all over the carpet in our room. How do I get it out without spending to much money? Please help!

Brandy from Spring, TX

I worked in a facility where I faced this problem daily. I poured Hydrogen peroxide directly onto the stain. Then we sprayed disinfectant cleaner on top of that, and a lot of it, so the foam was high. Then let it sit for like 15 min. While it's sitting I got my shampooer ready it was

just a regular Hoover carpet cleaner. I guess they call them steam cleaner.

Then I would lean the carpet cleaner back and press the button to release the shampoo, and directly spray the BM stain. Then start shampooing but clean it from every direction thoroughly cleaning it. By the time I was done the stains were completely gone. Its time consuming but doing it this way really worked. All the house keepers would save their stains like that and ask me to do it, I love to shampoo. They could have done it too but my boss said they were just to lazy to spend the time. She told me, when you like to do something, you just naturally do a better job. But hey, it got me raises lol Good Luck!

What I use on fecal matter is equal parts simple Green, orange scented Pine Sol (it must be Pine Sol no substitutes) and water in a spray bottle and spray the area wait a couple minutes wipe up with a clean damp towel. I rarely have to repeat.

I have been using this mixture for over 20 years.

It will clean virtually everything, just do not use it on windows or mirrors, it even gets rid of the greasy Slime on plastic.

If you only have 1 or 2 small spots to clean up try magic eraser.