VCR Recording TV Shows Poorly?

I have a Symphonic VCR/DVD that plays tapes great but when recording a TV show the picture rolls constantly. When I play a tape that has been recorded on a different VCR it plays the tape great. Does anyone know how to fix it or what the problem is?

Michelle from Windham, ME

Have you tried their website for FAQ-- or called to talk to a customer service person. I called and had some help with a DVD player, and it helped correct the problem.

My husband the electronics whiz says that there is something wrong in the recording circuitry that will have to be fixed by a service center, and that most likely it would cost as much to fix as it would to buy a new one. If it were something only wrong with the tracking it would roll on playback. Good luck!

Susan in Omaha

You can get head cleaners and that usually fixes it. However, you can now get combo dvd and vcr players for about 45.00 at Walmart.

On the tv/vcr control, you can play a tape you know is good and fix the tracking my generally pushing the up or down arrow that works for the channel.

Good luck!

If this is a cable ready tv., reset the channels. I think and believe me, I don't have any idea what I'm talking about, that the channel is not quite set and it can't record the channel. I think this happened to me once and my techno geek son told me what to do.

Home and Garden Repair Electronics (Large) VCRNovember 11, 2008
🐛
😎
📓
😷
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf82392185.tip.html

VCRElectronics (Large)