AdvicePets

Beware Wild Animals Looking For Winter Homes

It's fall and opossums are heading your way. Do not provide winter housing for them. The young are cute, but right behind come the parents. I had two in my garage. A sweet little one and a huge, white male. I found articles that said they do no harm.

I learned after the death of my little half-blind kitty, Peeper, that large males are dangerous and do hunt efficiently, kill by amputation of the head, and eat their victim quickly. I found a small portion of my kitty's body on the porch. We are trying to trap him. The little one left the area once the garage was sealed. I make sure my pets are inside from early evening to early morning and the garage is never open.

By Barbara W. from NJ

Barbara, I am so sorry to hear about your dear kitty. Thank you for warning people about wild animals. The knowledge may save other pets. RIP dear Peeper.