Cherry Cheese Crunch

This is a delicious dessert recipe that everyone loves and also my husband's latest favorite. Very easy!

Crust:

• 2 cups flour
  • Ad

• 1 cup margarine
  • 1-2 cups chopped walnuts

Filling:

• 3-4 cups powdered sugar
  • 16 oz. Cool Whip
  • 1 cap lemon juice
  • 2 packages cream cheese

Directions:

Crust:

Press into baking pan. Bake at 300 degrees F. for 45 min to 1 hour until golden brown. Chill or cool completely before adding filling.

Filling

Mix together and pour onto crust once crust has cooled. Top with canned cherries. Then top with Cool Whip!

Source: Someone brought this dish to a New Year's Day dinner and my husband loved it so much and it was so simple that I duplicated the recipe for him the next week! One recipe of sand tarts is used for the crust and a cherry cheese cake with whipped topping for the filling!

By Michelle L. from Lanett, AL

I am confused do you mix all 4 of the filling ingredients together and then top with the cherries and then add more cool whip? or is the cool whip for the top of cherries only?

Hi I would love to try this I live in the U.K and would like to know what cool whip is. Also is powdered sugar Icing sugar or Castor sugar. Also what is your cup measurment in ounces? Many thanks, helen x

Hi,

I just realized that I didn't post the recipe quite as clearly as it should have been. Cool Whip is a non-dairy whipped topping, use whipped cream in place of this! The sugar is icing sugar for those of you that are down under and there are 8 oz in a cup.

Mix the sugar, lemon juice and cream cheese together and pour onto the crust mixture, top with the cherries and then the whipped cream.

For the crust, you mix all ingredients well and spread into the dish and bake until done. Let this totally cool before adding the other ingredients. I hope this clears things up. Sorry for the mistakes!

I'm definitely going to try this!