Tips For Remembering Names

Do you have trouble remembering people's names when introduced to several at a time? Me too! Here is something I do that has helped me. I make it a point to shake hands with each person, which gives me time to repeat their name and ask a question that will hopefully relate them to someone I know or where they work for later reference.

Usually the person making the introductions will give you the lead for your question. Never just say hello, or nice to meet you, take it one step farther and make the attempt to secure their name in your memory. Most people will give you something that will remind you of them or at least who they were with. If you missed a name don't be too embarrassed to ask a second time to be sure what their name was, they will be flattered you are interested as long as you are sincere.

By Ann Winberg from Loup City, NE

Anonymous

GMTA ;-) Good tip to share!

😎
🐛
🌻
📓