LaundryCleaning

Crayons and KoolAid on a Whole Load of Clothes

Category Laundry

i just washed a whole load of dark clothes and then dried them now everything has pretty colors thanks to my nephew. He left a handful of crayons in his pocket and 2 packages of opened kool-aid. What can i do to get the crayon off from my clothes?
please HELP!!!! SHawna

My neice recently had the same problem. I believe she called Crayola to learn the following method of removal: she sprayed WD40 on the crayon marks and washed in hot water. She had to repeat for a few items (don't dry until you are sure all the crayon is off). It smells bad, but works for most clothes (she wasn't able to get the crayon off 1 pair of pants).

You may want to call your insurance company that insures your house. A similar experience happened to me many years ago. Some one also suggested to me to call the insurance company & when I did they told me to make a list & price of each & every item & to submit it to them. Lo & behold they reimbursed me 100%. Try it as you have nothing to lose. Good Luck & I hope they will be as kind to you as mine was to me.

Take the items to your dry cleaner. If he knows the nature of the stain, he knows what stain removers to try first.
My son recently left a blue crayon in his pocket and I thought the whole load was ruined. Fortunately my dry-cleaner was able to get out about 95% of the stains.
Good luck to you!

Don't believe the insurance co is good advise. Go to the suggestions under the Crayon Dried on Clothing heading for better solutions. 1 cup of cold water Tide and 1 cup of Spray & Wash on HOT water wash/Cold rise.

Hello. I am like everyone else,i always check clothes for stuff. I have a broke ankle and leg, so my mom is helping out and she did the laundry. She came in and said oh my gosh I am so sorry I didn't check pockets and there is something blue on everything including the dryer. Then she found something in the basket a blue color. So we decided to google it and i have found so many things to try and I will try one of them. Who knows maybe a few of them lol well I'll let y'all know how it comes out. Thank you so much.