BeveragesFood Tips

How Long Does Brewed Coffee Stay Fresh?

After brewing coffee, how long does it stay fresh? My husband will drink it the next day and says it tastes fine.

By arlene from WI

As long as you take if off the heating unit, it will stay fine. It's the heat that kills the flavor and make it harsh.

Anonymous

I sometimes keep leftover coffee covered in a mug and keep in the fridge for three or four days, then just heat it in the microwave.

I agree with bkvande rthe e longer it's on the burner the more bitter it gets. I do it all the time I make a pot and drink a couple of cups and turn off my pot. I have stovetop pot If I want another cup I just put my coffee in it and reheat later that day or next morning.

I do what the others posted. I use a large coffee mug and pour the leftover coffee in the mug.

I then store in refrigerator and if I want coffee later in the afternoon, I put the mug in the microwave.
The coffee still taste fresh.