HealthDogs

Tape Worm Remedies for Dogs

My name is Tammy and I wanted to ask you a few questions. I have a 6 week old puppy whom I'm sure has tape worm. I cannot afford a vet and wanted to know if you know of any home remidies? Someone told us to put a couple of teaspoons of mineral oil over his wet food. Have you heard of this? Also he will not drink water, we've had him for 3 weeks almost and I never see him drinking water.

Otherwise, he does not act sick at all, he runs, jumps, plays and is loveable but he has not gained any weight at all. You can see his ribs. I watch his feces all the time and I have only seen one little tape (looking) worm. That's why I'm pretty sure he has tape worms. I just gave him his first 7 in one shot and I've wormed him for the regular type of worms. Can you help please?

Thank you,
Tammy from Oklahoma

i would strongly suggest calling around to vets in your area and telling them your financial situation and asking if they have payment plans or can give you a dicsount on a visit. If your dog is not drinking water and is getting skinny, he really needs the attention of a vet ASAP.

Take that puppy to a Vet. Worms will kill him and so might over the counter treatments.

Phone your animal shelter ASAP.

Jennifer
Northern Virginia

We got a puppy that had worms also...we didn't take her to the vet (we also couldn't afford it) but we did buy some worm medicine from the pet store and it worked right away!! And she was eight weeks old too =) people sure are critical....don't worry too much and try to find some meds at the pet store. My husband bought it so I don't know how expensive it was. Good luck =)

By Rosa (Guest Post)

Try calling the Humane society in your area, they have dr's and are cheaper that regular vets . Over the counter meds are not the best for puppies, especially one that young. Please find a dr for your puppy, the tape worm can kill your puppy.

Anonymous

Go to upco.com. You can purchase tapeworm tabs on there 8.95 plus shipping. I saw the same pills on petco's site for 19.95 plus shipping. I bought the cat ones for my kitten I FOUND WITHOUT A MOTHER, and they worked great.

You can also purchase vaccines on that site. If you know someone who can show you how to do it, you can do it yourself.

Anonymous

OOPS!! I'm sorry, the ones for dogs are $15.50(you get 5, as opposed to 3 of the cat variety). There also is another brand for dogs which is $9.75 plus shipping. Just go to upco.com and search for tapeworm tabs. I would post a link, but I don't know how.

By Tina from MIchigan (Guest Post)

Hi,
My name is Tina and I am sorry that people can not stick to HELPING this person. She asked the question to those who might know a HOME REMEDY
FOR TAPEWORMS. You know like what people use to use years before all these Vet and medicines came on the market. I am sorry I do not know a home remedy as I also came here looking for a remedy for my son's horse.

Is there someone that can answer the at hand?

By Brandi (Guest Post)

If He is not drinking water then you'll have to force him to drink it from a syringe. Give him garlic it gets rid of a lot of parasites. DO NOT USE MINERAL OIL! This could kill him

By lisa (Guest Post)

Good luck something should work out.