BirthdayGifts

What are the Birthstones Most Commonly Used?

Category Birthday

What are the commonly used birthstones? For example, if your birthday is January the commonly used one is garnet. How about the others?

By Paulene from Antipolo City

February is amethyst, March is Aquamarine, April is diamond or another clear substiture. May is emerald, June is pearl or alexandrite, July is ruby, August is peridot, Setember is saphire, October is opal, November is topaz, December is either turquoise of blue topaz.

Here's a very good Wikipedia article on birthstones. I believe it includes the entire list in order.
en.wikipedia.org/.../Birthstones

I just saw this today & am writing even though I'm weeks late. The December birthstone is either Turquoise or Blue Zircon. Blue topaz is definitely not the correct birthstone for December. This is a cop-out that has been foisted on the public by the department stores. It started about 20-25 years ago, and being a December baby, I find it most annoying.

The Blue Zircon is a lovely blue-green stone, the same color as most Turquoise, but clear. I love both & have one of each in my jewelry collection. I wouldn't have a blue topaz for free - it's just not the correct birthstone for December. Blue Zircons are a little harder to get, but well worth it. They're not outrageously expensive either.