TravelTravel and Recreation

Keeping Travel Documentation

How long should one keep travel documentation (itineraries, ticket stubs, boarding passes, etc.)?

By Gwendolen Potter from Raleigh, NC

I assume you mean when the trip is over. Why would you want/need to keep them at all? There is no need unless you want a souvenir. I used to hang on to these for a while when I was younger and didn't travel much, but I just wound up tossing them after a while.

Let me clarify. How long should one keep documentation from personal travel? I know from experience that it is not smart to toss documentation from business travel, especially if one expects to be reimbursed for it.

Once your home and confirm that anything you purchased with a credit/debit card has been billed correctly, I don't see why you would need to keep any of it.

Now, just because I like having the memories, I do include a few items in my phot album.