OdorsCleaning

Perfume Odors on an Artificial Christmas Tree

Category Odors

I'm desperately trying everything. I have a beautiful tree but it had a perfume type smell to it this year so I asked a friend what to do. She said "oh, no problem spray it with fabreeze, that will take care of it". Yes, only now it smells a like a cross between perfume and fabreeze.

Is there anyone that knows a way to eliminate the odors? Airing it out doesn't work. If anyone can help me i would be forever grateful! If not, should I just trash it? It's a 9' foot tree and only two years old. Tears here.

Thanks to anyone who can help me.
HoneyBrat from Lindstrom

By Angelina (Guest Post)

I have never had this problem, but perhaps a pine scented room deodorizer sprayed on the tree may help. Or, diluted pine cleaner sprayed finely on the tree may give your tree a woodsy smell. Good Luck.

By Rosa (Guest Post)

Can you take the tree outside ? to air it out ? You could also try the new spray called OUST , I have not tried it yet, but hear it is excellent for removing oders.

Hummm.Well, I think I would take it outside spray it really good with a white vinegar & water solution. Rinse it off with the hose and let dry outside .If that doesn't work, Try spraying it with water and cinnamon oil.???

Try storing it next year with newspapers that have been crumpled up. Good Luck GG Vi

Fresh unused coffee grounds have absorbed and removed some awful odors in deep freezes and refrigerators caused by spoiled meat. If you can tightly bag or box this tree for several days with a can of fresh coffee grounds inside.....it just might do the trick! I think some perfumes smell as offensive as rotten meat! Good Luck! Please let us know what, if anything, worked for you!

By Ann4 (Guest Post)

I would spray it with straight vinegar. It will smell of vinegar a little while but should be gone within a few hours. Good luck.

I had the same problem, we are both VERY sensitive to scents. I took it out on the front porch, which is covered, and left it for 3 days...

then sprayed it with straight white vinegar. After a few hours I brought it in and turned on the lights...left it awhile to warm up, and it's fine now!