CostumesParties

Shepherd Costume For Church

My church is getting ready for our Night In Bethlehem. I had asked last year for thoughts on costuming and got great remarks. I looked great, but now this year I will be a shepherd--which I want to do. Any ideas on how to make a water bag that looks like real animal skin?

Also, what could I put on the bottom of my REAL shepherd staff to make it more secure? Right now it is a wood bottom that slips on concrete. I will probably be on concrete and inside. Thank you.

Sandy from Baltimore

Don't know about the water bag but you might consider a cane tip for the staff. Or maybe chair tips. Both are rubber and made not to slip. My husband uses cane tips on his poles for holding up huge stacks of hay and it helps.

By Kathy in Western PA (Guest Post)

Could you possibly position multiple thick rubber bands wrapped around the base and tip of the shepherd's staff. The buff color of the rubber would blend in with the wood, but the rubber would be anti-slip on the concrete flooring.

Perhaps a beige or brown small oblong balloon and secured with a rubber band, might help too.

By Donna (Guest Post)

Could you use a piece of chamois cloth? From further away I think it would look like animal skin. Also, if you have any metal folding chairs take the rubber cap off one of the legs and use it for a temporay cap on the cane. Otherwise, check at Ace hardware-they have everything and would probably have something you could use that wouldn't cost much. Good luck!