Lime Out Left Stain on Chrome Faucet?

Category Miscellaneous

I put a Lime Away type product (called Lime Out) on a chrome kitchen sink faucet and was distracted by a phone call. When I returned to the sink to rinse it, the product had left a stain on the chrome. As this was not my sink, I desperately need to find something that will take out the stain. It is in the chrome and not a surface stain. Will oxalic acid work? Vinegar did not work, but maybe I need to leave it on longer?

By Jeri

I would try Barkeepers Friend. It contains oxalic acid. Chrome is very had so there should be no scratching. Be careful with too much rubbing. Good luck.

I suspect that the product you used was an acid, check the label. That is what is commonly used to dissolve lime. I don't think that any product that contains acid will help this problem. I don't know of anything that would, but perhaps something that is like a chrome car polish would help. Try looking in the car cleaning products in a hardware store.

Home and Garden Repair Home MiscellaneousJuly 8, 2011
📓
🌻
😷
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf85840431.tip.html

MiscellaneousHome