StainsCleaning

Cleaning A Dried Pet Stain

My puppy left an awful stain on my carpet! I've cleaned it up and even shampooed the spot but there is still a dark stain. Any ideas how to remove it? It's already dried and I'm not sure what to use.

Thanks.

Melissa from Arizona

By Julia (Guest Post)

I've read that you can use Hydrogen Peroxide to remove stain on clothing, fabrics and carpet. I've never tried it as I have cats and keep their litterbox on tile floors, but it might be worth a shot.

By Julia (Guest Post)

I've read that Hydrogen Peroxide gets stains out of carpet, fabric and such although I've never tried it. I have cats and keep their litter box on the tile floor to avoid mistakes like them having a mess outside the box, but I've read about HP being a great stain remover in a number of sources so it might be worth a try and is inexpensive and good for other things as well.

I use a stain remover called GET SERIOUS. It gets out stains that have been there for several days. I like it because it also removes the scent. If you don't get rid of the doggy scent, they most likely will return to it for a repeater.

I have never used HydroPeroxide, sound like a good idea, but I don't know if it would remove the scent, which is just as important as removing the stain.

My dog left two dark spots on a pink oriental rug and nothing worked at removing them. I bought a Bissell SpotBot and it took every bit of it out. Everyone with a pet should take a serious look at this.

www.bissell.com/.../product.asp?catalog_name=Bissell...

Jennifer
Northern Virginia

Once upon a time, it was posted on here that a mixture of 16 oz hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda, and a few drops of dish detergent (for scent) will remove stain and odors. After 3 couches, 2 mattreses and innumerable carpet sections, I can attest to the value of this mixture.

It's saved us hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars in mattress and couch replacement, to speak nothing of the carpet messes.

The baking soda counteracts the bleaching action of the hydrogen peroxide, yet it still removes stains and odors effectively.