Recycled CraftsCrafts

Unusual Clock Designs Using Household Items

I am wanting to make some clocks out of unusual items such as a coffee cup, plate, old CD and such. Does anyone have any ideas on what other unusual items I could use to make these clocks?

By CHRISTY from Booneville, MS

Hi. A few years ago I made my adult son a wall clock with a record album & misc. old watch faces hot glued to it at 12 o'clock, 1 o'clock, through 11 o'clock. Each one was set at it's own time, for instance, #4 spot was set at 4 o'clock on watch face, etc.

He loves music & has a huge collection of the old 45's & LPs, so he thought this was great.I've thought of using a picture frame and actually did make one for my kitchen before w/a metal pie plate. have fun!

My father in law was a golf nut. I found a lamp base that was round and happened to be green felt. I drilled a hole in the center, made the 12, 3, 6, and 9 from fake golf balls cut in half, and the rest were different colored tees.

He and the clock are long gone, but I am sure you can do something similar. I could not find the hands made of clubs, but these days you would no doubt be able to make them, or find a doll house or miniature site that can help. Have fun!

I was thinking that you could use the idea from another reader and try old game pieces. If you don't have these, try thrift stores, resale shops, etc.

to find pieces that will work. Scrabble tiles, monopoly pieces, checkers, dice. Hope this gives you some ideas.