Azazel (Canadian Ferret)

Azazel is a one and a half year old Canadian Ferret. I purchased Azazel for Christmas, 2007. Azazel likes to play with our younger ferret Boba and pick on the Kitty. She also enjoys stealing my slippers and toothbrushes or anything she can get her paws on. Oddly enough, the ferrets never steal my son's or husband's things.

Azazel and our other Ferret are the friendliest most loving pets I have ever owned (including other ferrets). Contrary to popular belief, they do not stink and are not aggressive. No, they are not rats. They are more closely related to weasels. Since having the ferrets our house is so much happier. They always make me smile and laugh. My son, who is autistic has shown improvement and much better social skills.

My husband and I want to open a Ferret Shelter for abandoned and mistreated ferrets, often bought on a whim and viewed as exotic, by people who have neither the time or ability to care for them. They are prone to sickness if not cared properly for.

We would like to rescue and give a home to any ferret who needs it.

By babygaige from OR

What a sweet picture! Good for you!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Best of luck with your shelter. There needs to be more of them. I had ferrets for 12 years and miss them terribly. In the US they did not have a large enough gene pool when they began breeding them and so most of them die of genetic illnesses. It is heart breaking. Two of my six were rescues. They can be so much fun, but they are work too. Too many people get them as a novelty and then don't want them. They don't deserve to be treated like that. They are such happy little creatures who only want to play and have fun and maybe get into a little mischief too!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Cool critters, what a unique name!

Reply Like this photo? Yes