StorageFood and Recipes

Storing Roasted Red Peppers

I have a bunch of red bell peppers that I want to roast. After I roast them what type of liquid do I use to store them in the fridge?

By soizic bluestone from HI

You say you have a bunch. I wouldn't store them in the fridge. You would have to pressure cook them to store them for any length of time.

I slice mine in strips, and freeze in the fall after roasting. They keep all year and beyond that way. Hope this helps. I have a deep freeze. Not sure how long they would keep in a fridge freezer.

Storing peppers is simple. If you are roasting many and want to store them indefinitely, try freezing them. Layer the peppers between sheets of wax paper in a plastic container for easy removal. and thaw as many as needed. Stored this way, roasted peppers should last for several months. If you have a small amount of leftover peppers that you plan to use within a week or two, place them in a small container, cover them with olive oil, and refrigerate them. Good luck.

I use olive oil. It keeps them very soft and easy to use for future use.

Chris T.

I roast them up in strips, then shuck the good stuff off the peel and pack it into jars to freeze. Hmm, I could use ice cube trays and store them as bags of cubes.