General AdviceConsumer Advice

Verizon Compatible Cell Phone That Plays MP3s

I have a question for the masses of Thrifty Fun members concerning cell phones. I am looking for a cell phone that has "no" bells and whistles other than MP3 player support. It needs to work on the Verizon network. Those are the only two features I am looking for.

I currently have a very nice cell phone, but the back falls off all the time and if I have to replace it I would like a phone I can play MPs on. That saves the cost of buying an MP3 player.

Can anyone recommend a model phone that fulfills what I am looking for? I don't need internet, GPS, texting, voice activation, blue tooth, camera, or any other accessory.

I am thankful for any input.

By Suntydt from Tazewell, TN

Contact each cell phone maker for a model that can give you what you want. MP3 player on a basic is something I doubt you will find without all the other bells and whistles.
Once you find what model you want, ask Verizon for what their model # is for that same one. I only use Motorola, so they find me it. Sometimes it is a few months, but I get what I want. A basic. My husband needed one with louder volume and large print numbers on his phone. They found them.