Teach Your Dog Where To Go Potty

When house training your dog, take it to the same place, every time you take him/her outside to do it's business. Tell your dog "hurry up" or "potty" as your dog does his business. And big rewards after, pats, treats, playtime combined with praise.

Your dog is learning that this is where it's business should be done (therefore you only have one part of your yard that requires cleaning) and that, when you go to that place, it's specifically for one reason. Now when you are in a hurry to leave, you can bring your dog to that one spot and he/she knows why she is there, no more waiting and waiting for your dog to go, making you late for your appointment.

By Cyndi from MA

I agree. IT WORKS EVERY TIME, ONCE TRAINED! WELL WORTH THE EFFORT AND PRAISE. God bless you. : )

I have 2 dogs and take each out in the yard separately on a leash to do their business. They each get taken to the same area of the yard, but 1 will go at one end of the area, the other dog, at the other end..they have always done this.

When I bring in the 2nd dog, the 1st one will be standing at the cupboard where I keep the dog food and dog treats waiting. Like a robot, they run automatically to the cupboard!
They have gotten so (I swear) they know how to spell!! If I spell O-U-T they will both run to the door and my biggest dog will grab a hold of the leash which hangs on the wall by the door...if I spell B-O-N-E they go to the cupboard!
My wonderful "furbabies."

Man I need to do this! We have three dogs and live in a townhouse community and it would help soooo much to just clean it up in one area rather than wherever they choose to go. Do you think I should treat them after they go in that spot?