Dining OutEntertainment

Bring Your Drinks Home

After eating at a restaurant, ask for a child's cup to take the rest of your drink home. Not only does this save on your drink so that it doesn't get dumped out (refill before you leave and take it with you), you also get a free drink container. Most of the sit-down nice restaurants have great reusable kids cups with lids (not the styrofoam ones, but the sturdy plastic ones). These can be used over and over again and are dishwasher safe. I still have kids' cups from a restaurant I used to work at 5 years ago!

Pookie

I used to work in a small market where I had a customer that had stopped in to eat without thinking of how her little one would drink her milk, as she only used a sippy cup. so I took one of our coffee cups with a lid that had the tiny oval hole in the top. (some dont have that) and from what the mother said she not only used it, but loved it and she wound up bring it home and re using it!

While dining in sit down restaurants, I have often wished I could take home my iced tea that I didn't finish but never thought of asking for a child's plastic cup to put it in....but heck, why not! Now in a fast food place, it goes w/o saying that I go and refill my drink before leaving. Then I've got for on the road or just to take back home and have for the evening. Soft drinks out are quite expensive so I do not feel the least bit bad for "getting my fair share" so to speak! I can only drink so much when I'm eating. Yes, those plastic cups in restaurants are pretty nice and I've taken plenty of them home. It doesn't seem to matter what place, they are all pretty much the same and same size so they stack inside ea other. They can be used for purposes other than drinking a beverage. I've used them to put snacks in for the kids and it's easy for them to hold and they can reach in with their small hands. Also I keep one in the bathroom to rinse their hair when I wash them in the tub. They can hold crayons or pens & pencils, can be used for rinse water when painting, etc. They do last quite a while going in and out of the dishwasher but eventually the graphics wear off but by then you don't mind pitching because you've accumulated more!